Tell us in 600 words or less and you could win an iPad mini!
IG Living is hosting its fourth annual essay contest open to IG patients and their caregivers ages 18 and older. We are asking all entrants to start their essay with the same phrase. To participate in the contest, begin your essay by completing this sentence:
If I had a chance to live illness-free for 72 hours, I would ...
Guidelines for essay submittal are as follows:
- Write no more than 600 words, and be sure it is typed and double spaced.
- Include a title for your essay, and include the author’s name, complete address, email, phone number and word count.
- Submit your entry electronically as a Microsoft Word attachment to editor@IGLiving.com, or submit it by mail to:
IG Living Essay Contest
41093 County Center Drive
Temecula, CA 92591
Attention: Carla Schick
Mail your entry by June 1, 2014 (must be postmarked by that date). IG Living’s judges will rate the entries on a scale of one to 10 on five criteria:
- Organization (the writing flows logically with clear structure)
- Mechanics (spelling, capitalization and punctuation are correct.
- Content (subject is discussed clearly, and the reader is left with a finished feeling)
- Creativity (content is compellingly interesting for our audience)
- Effectiveness (the whole entry is effective in its purpose for our audience)
Winners will be announced on July 1. The first-place winner will be awarded an iPad mini, and his or her essay will be published in IG Living magazine. Second - and third-place winners will be awarded a $50 gift card, and their essays will be published in an IG Living blog.
This is your opportunity to get published in IG Living magazine! Submit your entry by June 1 and you could be our next winner!